Thursday, October 16, 2008

TRINITY OF TERROR---WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Trinity of Terror--Where art thou?
Art thou amongst the leaves?
Thou tempest, thou vagabond!
Fie! Art thou dead?
Love-thou art high!
I cannot climb thee.

I will not ask where thou liest low,
Nor gaze upon the spot;
There flowers or weeds at will may grow,
So I behold them not:
It is enough for me to prove
That what I lov'd, and long must love,
Like common earth can rot;
To me there needs no stone to tell,
'T is Nothing that I lov'd so well.

But O! O Trinity of Terror! how oft,
How oft, at school, with most believing mind,
Presageful, have I gazed upon the bars,
To watch that fluttering stranger! and as oft
With unclosed lids, already had I dreamt
Of my sweet birth-place, and the old church-tower,
Whose bells, the poor man's only music, rang
From morn to evening, all the hot Fair-day,

So sweetly, that they stirred and haunted me
With a wild pleasure, falling on mine ear
Most like articulate sounds of things to come!
O Trinity! O Terror! Fie! Fie! Fie!

Caramba!



1 comment:

whogivesaFwhatIdo said...

Can you believe it's been over a year since you started blogging with the TOT? Then you just dumped us and went on your merry way.

FYI...I deleted my blog. I did stop by to say goodbye. If you weren't so out of touch, you would have known that weeks ago.

I'm glad you're campaigning for McCain. Despite what the news pundits and polls are saying, I believe the GOP is going to take the WH once again. I can't imagine having Obama as our President.