Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Analysis of MT's Poem

Birth and death, man and women, good and evil are the very nature of universe. There is no absolute "Right" or "Wrong". Every thing is relative and may change in time.

In this spirit, I will interpret Mediocre Travis' poem! In line one, Travis mentions one of the divas of popular music, Connie Francis. Connie is the inspiration of my blog, so I suppose he is also referring to me. Starting with line 2, the poem loses all credibility. Though in some ways I am an artist, the use of the words sneaky and con creates an impression of darkness. I am all about the light.....the truth....Therefore, the poem diverges into muddy waters. In line three, Travis incorrectly states that I lecture my readers. I share the truth...and yes I share my feelings....but I don't lecture! The use of the work lying must refer to the fact that I am usually lying down when I type this blog. My grammar skills are rusty, but I think the correct use of the word should be laying or lay. Since I am a blogger, Travis returns to realism with the use of the word blogging. In line four, the poem loses focus with the phrase "unable to grasp reality." Since I am real and truthful, Travis misses the point of all my posts. Since my life can be described by the lyrics of Connie Francis songs, that is my reality and I truly grasp it. I embrace it. I cherish it and I share it. The poem ends with the words Crap. This truly describes this poem and thus the poem ends. The word crap is also describes what my bird does in the sink. You see, I have taught my bird to poo-poo in the sink. When he needs to use the bathroom, he nibbles on my ear. I take him to the bathroom sink and he poo-poos. He is so smart.

Connie
Sneaky con artist,
Lecturing, lying, blogging
Unable to grasp reality,
Crap

1 comment:

Travis said...

I suppose the beauty of all art, including poetry, is that the meaning is in the eye of the beholder.

You and I read different things into my poem, and that's ok.