Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ode to TCM (or Early Early Morning)


I got a phone call this morning about 4:30.....How did George or his Mama get my number? I just changed it! It was a wrong number.....and I could not go back to sleep, so I turned on the TV and turned it to my favorite channel, TCM. One of my favorite movies was on this morning: Jezebel! I love that Bette Davis movie. I have been "vegging" out watching Bette in all her glory. Ms. Bitch may be a little bitchy, but Bette Davis is "the bitch" for all ages. She is such a great actress. I went to TCM's web site at http://www.tcm.com/index.jsp to see what other movies are upcoming on this channel and I noticed there was a place where you can make comments. I decided to recommend that they show a movie I have not seen in years: The Other Side of the Mountain. It is a tear-jerker! Believe it or not, the title song was sung by Olivia Newton-John and it was nominated for an Oscar back in the 1970's.
For my new Melanie fans, I included a comment to check out http://letherin.org to get info about Melanie and the effort to get her in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (see picture above) TCM has it set up where the comments are immediately posted on their website with no editing. All of you Melanie fans should go to TCM en masse and recommend movies. Also add a comment about Melanie!
After watching Jezebel and The Mask of Dimitrios, I decided to get motivated and do some laundry. Exciting stuff.....I have a lot of housework to do today, so I doubt I write another post until this evening.
To Mediocre Travis, Alcina, and Ms. Bitch, you realize I was just joking about the Trinity of Terror post....I know you guys are not the Antichrist! I am hurt that you have compared me to Andy! I still don't understand why you think I am the real "Mental Madge". I do not bring gifts of tote bags! (If you don't know what this refers to, check out this page: http://www.madonnasthoughts.blogspot.com/ ) I thought artists took inspiration from all aspects of their lives......I still think my idea would make an interesting piece! You have until next Sunday to get finished with your artworks! You guys might be suprised to learn who M is!? I need to call up my lawyers and see if I could really be sued if I reveal the identity of M. Anyways.......I just saw a commercial on TCM and one of my favorite movies will be on Monday: A Place in the Sun.
A Place in the Sun...Montgomery Clift.....mmmmm......he is so sexy! He was such an underrated actor! Mediocre Travis reminds me of Montgomery Clift. You both are hot! :)
Zoots! My dryer buzzer just went off...I need to go! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, guys!

No comments: