Saturday, November 3, 2007

Online Date Update (or Cold Cold Heart)

I suppose I have a "Cold Cold Heart." My horror of a date last night did not end last night. I planned to sleep in this morning.....but I get a call from Mama Byrd...at 6 in the morning! She was calling to see if I wanted to come over and watch Lassie with her and her son. No....I had an oven to clean and a Christmas tree to decorate...but thanks anyway! I went back to sleep....and then came the endless stream of text messages and phone calls from George. He loved me....He would covert to Kaballahism......he would move in with me this weekend......would I meet him at Burger King? Thank God for Caller ID! I went to the AT&T store today and got a new phone number for my cell phone. No more calls from Mama Byrd and George! Yah! I almost bought an IPhone while I was there, but I knew I had a plethora of presents to buy for Christmas and I needed to watch my money.

I decided to go eat Chinese for lunch......and guess who I run into! Debbie! Boy did I give her an earful. She laughed and we had a great lunch. My fortune cookie was odd.....My fortune was the following: "The Tao that can be described is not the everlasting Tao." What in the heck kind of fortune is that!? And what in the heck did it mean?

Don't you love the Internet and search engines? When I first got on the Internet 12 years ago or so, I used to use Webcrawler all the time. It seems so archaic now compared to Google. I wonder what will come next?

Anyways.....I googled Tao and stumbled across this web site: http://www.tao.org/

I learned that "chi is the Vital Energy of the Universe from which the world was created. It exists in all living things. The source of Chi has a cosmic origin and is elusive and mysterious, but its manifestations are real and can be practically applied in such Taoist disciplines as Chi Quong and Martial Arts." I still don't know what the everlasting tao is!

So I googled "Everlasting tao" and I discovered that this is the first chapter of some book called
Lao Tzu: Tao Te Ching.

The Tao that can be expressed
is not the Everlasting Tao.
The Name that can be named
is not the Everlasting Name.
He whose name is “Spirit in Man”
is Life-spring of Heaven and Earth.
He whose name is “outward possessions”
is Mother of all created beings.
Therefore constantly desire Inner Life
in order to perceive mysteries.
Constantly desire possessions
in order to perceive limitations.
These two: One in source but differing in Name
are One in being called deep,
Deep and yet more deep,
Door of many mysteries.

Zoots! I wish I had eaten Mexican for lunch instead!

No comments: