Saturday, November 3, 2007

You Know You're Not Forsaken

Based on several comments on my blog, I was curious about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee list. If you have not read earlier blog entries of mine, there is a grassroots effort to enshrine Melanie into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Web sites devoted to their efforts are as follows:
I support their efforts. Melanie's lyrics are true poetry. I encourage all of you (including Mediocre Travis, Alcina, and Ms. Bitch) to include these web sites on your blogs. I encourage you to visit these sites and sign the petition.

Anyway, I was curious about Connie and the Hall. I went to their website at http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/%20andand I was shocked!!!!! Connie Francis was not on the inductee list either! I cannot believe this!

Melanie is truly a talented songwriter and singer.....but Connie Francis...Connie---I am so upset!!!!.............Until Madonna came around, she was the most popular female entertainer of the rock and roll era. She was one of the first rock performers to become an international superstar! She was the most popular female adult-contemporary artists of the SSixties and early Seventies, and a popular country singer as well! She was the very image of teenage girlhood in her era's music and movies. She was an important symbol of success to the Italian-American community and an icon to the gay community for her ability to bear tragedy both on record and in life. Connie Francis should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame also. I am not sure what we should do to remedy both of these travesties!

More information about Connie Francis can be found at the following web site: http://oldies.about.com/od/50srockers/p/conniefrancis.htm

No comments: