Monday, November 5, 2007

Superstar

Mediocre Travis--George was not a tree! Superstar is one of my favorite movies...See MT, we have a lot in common! When are we going to get married? Anyway.....if you are going to talk about that Molly Shannon movie, you must mention her rendition of "Out Here on My Own." Did you know that lesbian Lesley Gore co-wrote this song with her brother? It was nominated for an Oscar, but lost to her brother's other song from the same movie!



Here is Irene's rendition in the movie "Fame."



Here is Cher's version....I just peed in my pants watching this clip!




i couldn't find Molly Shannon's version from Superstar on Youtube. I may have to get out my DVD and watch it tonight as I cry myself to sleep. I am sad.....A, MB, and MT have not added me to their blog friends list yet. I don't feel their love right now. Maybe one day they will realize that I am real....and that I am not their foe Mental Madge. Would M actually dislike a Madonna song? I am close friends with M, but our posts are so different. Anyway...I am going to find my Superstar DVD and I am going to eat some Reese's Peanut butter cups.

BTW, have you all gone to http://letherin.org and signed the petition? I did!

2 comments:

ms generica to you!! said...

"good friends with "m"cmon!! then persuade her or her to stop !!it gets beyond a jok ewhen they post about a deceased person!ie linda stein!!hmm??i think travis is right!! its just crazy!! tacky and wrong!! parody it aint! nes pas??

Travis said...

Go, Ms Bitch!

I believe, Crusty Connie, that sharing a love for a common movie is not enough to ensure a healthy marriage! Unless you are rich, in which case, you should fly me (first class) to your country of origin, where I can attempt to ignore you in person, whilst shopping up a storm on your credit card and you try to play lame mind games.

Since you are unable (Or more likely unwilling) to share your real name with us, I'm very curious as to the name you used to sign the petition you mention in this post. Mental Madge?, M?, Crusty Connie?, Sonny?, George?, Mama Byrd? Bird-man? or whatever other alias you use when you pry yourself off your computer fantasy land and attempt to mingle with us real people in real life?

Put down the Peanut Butter Cups, they won't bring you happiness, and they won't respect you in the morning.... But then, neither would I!!!!!