Monday, November 5, 2007

Songs Artists Have Butchered


Melanie (Safka) wrote and sung a song once called "Look What They've Done to My Song Ma." I saw it on Youtube today and it got me to thinking. I imagine a lot of songwriters and artists have thought the same thing about cover versions that some singers have butchered! I decided to start a list and feel free to comment to me about songs you would add to the list:

1. American Pie by Madonna.........I like Madonna, but I hate this song!
2. Take My Breath Away---Jessica Simpson---enough said!
3. I Drove All Night---Celine Dion--oh my god! How can you take a song masterfully song by both Roy Orbison and Cyndi Lauper and butcher is so!
4. Cheryl Crow---Sweet Child of Mine---How many ways can I count the ways she butchered this Guns and Roses classic!
5. Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)---Meredith Brooks and Queen Latifah----They took a classic Melanie song and made it a dud.......It is hard to spoil a superb song but the managed to find a way to do so!
6. Anything sung by William Shatner---Stick with Star Trek and priceline commercials
7. Behind Blue Eyes by Fred Durst---ugh! and I used to think he was hot!
8. Britney Spears--My Prerogative---Go eat a #3 at McDonald's and get some Starbucks.
9. Phil Collins----You Can't Hurry Love---Florence Ballard probably rolled in her grave when this song was released-----Don't mess with a song by Diana, Florence, and the wonderful Mary Wilson!
10. Marilyn Manson--Sweet Dreams (are made of this)---Annie Lennox should have sent Marilyn to Hades for this one!

No comments: